Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Gov. Roemer




Recent Activity
Commented on
Do you honestly believe that you could win the GOP nomination?
commented: We're going to get into the last nationally televised debate before the NH Primary, and we're going to shock the country with our performance there.
1 day ago
Commented on
If you do not secure your party's nomination, would you consider running as a third party?
commented: I have already made public that I am looking at Americans Elect, which is an organization that could help me with ballot access in all 50 states. The requirement would be that I choose a Vice Presidential running mate who is a Democrat or an Independent. I'm looking at it because I believe I would win. I'm a proud Republican, but a prouder American.

Things are going well in New Hampshire and I'm gaining support in the Republican Primary. If I had gotten into any of the nationally televised debates - a Governor and a Congressman - I would probably be doing much better in the Republican primary right now. So help me get into the last debate in NH. Send a message to Washington. Tell the pollsters to include me.
1 day ago
Commented on
What's your fuel of the future?
commented: We have the technology to safely drill for natural gas in America. It has to be done safely, but if we commit to this form of energy, we will begin to release ourselves from the grip of foreign oil. We need to be energy independent. It's a national security issue.
1 day ago
Voted on
What's your fuel of the future?
answered: natural gas
1 day ago
Commented on
@Buddy Roemer, How has your self imposed $100 campaign contribution limit worked out so far?
commented: $100 doesn't sound like a lot, especially when the other candidates are spending millions like you would spend your lunch money. But Americans are hurting for jobs, and I am getting my contributions from real Americans. It means a lot to me, each and every little dollar.

It's not important how much a candidate raises. I have been out-raised and outspent 100 to 1 or more by some candidates, and I'm gaining in the polls, recently surpassing Rick Perry in New Hampshire. Perry has spent $2 million, I've spent $200,000.
1 day ago
Voted on
@Buddy Roemer, How has your self imposed $100 campaign contribution limit worked out so far?
answered: Very well. I am thankful for the generosity and support of Americans from all 50 states.
1 day ago
Commented on
How would you overcome the party politics that dominate Washington and achieve a more bipartisan congress?
commented: I used to work in the Congress, four terms representing the great state of Louisiana. Being a Congressman is important for working with members of Congress. In order to lead a nation as President, it's important to be a Governor. That's what Ronald Reagan told me.

I would start by giving all the members of Congress the credit.
1 day ago
Voted on
How would you overcome the party politics that dominate Washington and achieve a more bipartisan congress?
answered: practice the art of getting along developing friendships and doing what is best for our country
1 day ago
Commented on
@Buddy Roemer Do you agree with the concept of democracy vouchers espoused by Lawrence Lessig.
commented: It's an idea that aims to remove the corrupting influence of money from politics, and that is what I like about it. However, you'll notice that in my campaign, donors can contribute up to $100 per person. I think political speech is important, and the law is that political contributions are speech. It has been confirmed by the Supreme Court. But I remember that Larry also allowed for private donations, and so I think he was half right. He was right that there's too much money in politics.
1 day ago
Commented on
Is the current influx of Libertarian GOP candidates today more strongly represented than that of Green Party candidates in the 90's and early 2000's?
commented: I don't think Gary Johnson or Ron Paul would be offended at me putting them in that category. They have both been very successful as Governor and Congressman respectfully.

In New Hampshire, there's a strong libertarian element in the GOP, and I overlap with them on issues of states' rights. I believe strongly in the 10th Amendment.
1 day ago
Commented on
Time Magazine's 2011 'Person of the Year': The Protester. Agree?
commented: Young people know something is wrong with Washington, and they know something is wrong with Wall Street. I actually think the Occupy and TEA Party movements have something in common - their sense of smell. They can both smell corruption. Our government is corrupt, and young people, people with a spirit of protest in their hearts, are going to change the world... again.

I marched in the South for human rights because there were some who believed that blacks should be treated like animals. Those were young people marching. I remember the protests against Vietnam. Those were young people marching. I don't agree with everything the Occupy movement espouses, but I deeply respect what they are doing. Protest is so important for our country, to find our way back to True North.
1 day ago
Voted on
Time Magazine's 2011 'Person of the Year': The Protester. Agree?
answered: Yes, they are changing the course of history
1 day ago
Commented on
do you think the debates would be different if you were allowed in them?
commented: These debates are a circus. I feel sad for retail politics. It's all about selling books and being a regular cable news contributor. You don't matter to the big cable networks.

If I were in the debates, I would pose the one question worth asking: Where do you get your money? Who owns you? You know who a person works for? Whoever pays them. Well who's paying Newt Gingrich? Who is paying into Mitt's Super PAC's, or Perry's Super PAC's, or Newt's Super PAC? This election is about trust, and frankly I don't trust any of the other candidates to do for the American people what they say they will.
1 day ago
Commented on
Do you think the 'Occupy' movement is right that corporations are as oppressive as the federal government, if not more so?
commented: When corporations buy off the federal government, by giving millions of dollars to each party in exchange for tax breaks, there's really no difference between the government and the big corporations. GE made $5 billion domestically last year and paid less in taxes than you! It's corrupt, it's not right, and we need a better campaign finance system with more integrity.
1 day ago
Commented on
Should talking on a cell phone while driving be illegal?
commented: Assuming the question relates to federal law, I would say no. I think the states can make up their own mind on this issue. In New Hampshire, where I have spent a lot of time this year, there are no helmet laws for motorcycles. I think that is a good analogy. The federal government and the NTSB go too far at regulating every activity. State legislatures can do the job just fine.
1 day ago
Commented on
How do you plan on cutting spending in the federal government?
commented: For social security, which is one of the biggest federal spending programs, I have proposed to increase the retirement age by 1 month a year for 24 years. You don't have to raise taxes, nor change benefits. Anyone close to retirement would not be affected. I would also cut out the Department of Education. Parents and teachers know best about how to educate their children. The administrative cost of the department is a waste.
1 day ago
Voted on
How do you plan on cutting spending in the federal government?
answered: cutting excess spending (please explain which and how)
1 day ago

Commented on
Do you believe Intelligent Design should be taught in public schools?
commented: My own view is that intelligent design should be taught in religion classes, and evolution in science classes. I would not, as President, sign any bill to make either intelligent design or evolution a mandatory subject. It is clearly a states' rights and local government issue.
1 day ago
Voted on
Do you believe Intelligent Design should be taught in public schools?
answered: It should be taught at a local, not federal, level.
1 day ago
Voted on
Where do you get your money from?
answered: Only the people, individual donations
1 day ago

No comments:

Post a Comment