Watch: President Obama Answers Your Questions in a Google+ Hangout
February 14, 2013
09:10 PM EST
09:10 PM EST
During the virtual conversation, the President answered questions about a range of topics, from steps to reduce gun violence to his plan to reward hard work by raising the minimum wage. The President also addressed some more personal questions from participants on recommended reading, Valentine’s Day plans and baby names.
Check out the full video of the President’s Hangout below. And if you have thoughts about the State of the Union, you can share your Citizen Response with the White House using a new online tool.
The Fireside Hangout was moderated by Steve Grove, Head of Community Partnerships at Google+ and the participants, chosen by Google, included:
- Limor Fried, New York: Limor is a popular Google+ user as well as an accomplished engineer and the CEO of a robotics manufacturing firm in NYC that makes innovative use of the web to connect with audiences and customers.
- John Green, Indiana: With his brother Hank, John built a popular YouTube channel called the “Vlogbrothers.” "The videos spawned a community of people called 'nerdfighters” whose catch phrase is “don’t forget to be awesome.”
- Kira Davis, California: Kira is a blogger and mother who has become popular voicing her opinions on YouTube. Kira’s website is dedicated to arguing and defending conservative values and principle in politics and pop culture.
- Lee Doren, Virgina: In December 2008, Lee launched the YouTube channel “How the World Works.” Since then, it has become one of the largest “News and Politics” channels on YouTube.
- Jacky Guerrero, California: Jacky started an online magazine with several other members of the LGBT Latino youth community. Jacky currently works at a foundation, which focuses on social justice issues.
Related Topics: Jobs, Manufacturing, Small Business, Defense, Economy, Innovations, Education, Ethics, Fiscal Responsibility, Foreign Policy, Social Innovation, Technology, Women, Additional Issues, California, Indiana, New York