Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012


2012 quotes quiz: Test your knowledge of the year's news events!

 


Clockwise from top left: Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney during presidential debate; Felix Baumgartner; Lance Armstrong; Seal and Heidi Klum; Gen. David Petraeus; Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.


Test your memory of some of the year's most prominent newsmakers by matching each quote below with the person who said it.

How well do you think you'll do? Scroll down when you're ready to see the correct answers!


1. “While I'm grateful for the freedom to express one's self, I've learned there are limits to what language is appropriate, and I'm deeply sorry for how these lyrics could be interpreted.”
a) Lady Gaga
b) Psy
c) Chris Brown

2. "I tripped and found myself inside the lifeboat with a number of passengers."
a) Silvio Berlusconi
b) Antonin Scalia
c) Francesco Schettino

3. "After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours."
a) David Petraeus
b) Arnold Schwarzenegger
c) Rupert Sanders

4. "There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, ‘Enough is enough.’ For me, that time is now."
a) Lance Armstrong
b) Paul Ryan
c) Tiger Woods

5. “We screwed up, and we are putting the weight of the company behind correcting it.”
a) Rupert Murdoch
b) Tim Cook
c) Donald Trump

6. “While I do not believe I did anything illegal or ever thought I was doing anything illegal, I did an awful, awful lot that was wrong, and there is no one else responsible for my sins.”
a) John Edwards
b) Peter Madoff
c) Roger Clemens

7. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”
a) Richard Mourdock
b) Todd Akin
c) Michelle Bachmann

8. “We want to keep matters affecting our family private and express our respect for each other's commitment to each of our respective beliefs and support each other’s roles as parents.”
a) Katy Perry and Russell Brand
b) Heidi Klum and Seal
c) Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes

9. “Gold medals are made out of your sweat, blood and tears, and effort in the gym every day, and sacrificing a lot that you have to do.”
a) Gabby Douglas
b) Ryan Lochte
c) Sanya Richards-Ross

10. "My maternity leave will be a few weeks long, and I'll work throughout it."
a) Reese Witherspoon
b) Kate Middleton
c) Marissa Mayer

11. “The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself and proud.”
a) Ellen DeGeneres
b) Anderson Cooper
c) Chely Wright

12. “Sometimes we have to get really high to see how small we are.”
a) Sir Richard Branson
b) Felix Baumgartner
c) Bill Maher

13. “I was born in Harper Hospital. No one’s ever asked to see my birth certificate.”
a) Mitt Romney
b) Vice President Joe Biden
c) Paul Ryan

14. “The performance of the stock has obviously been disappointing.”
a) Tim Cook
b) Brian Dunn
c) Mark Zuckerberg

15. “Under current law, on January 1, 2013, there's going to be a massive fiscal cliff of large spending cuts and tax increases.”
a) Barack Obama
b) John Boehner
c) Ben Bernanke

No comments:

Post a Comment