Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Gov. Scott says Florida will not implement with 'Obamacare'

 I am so lucky, I moved to Pennsylvania, and I get the best medical care available. In Fl I waited, waited, visited doctors who told me I was fine, did not need anything major done. Even though I was constantly in pain, could not move, was taking care of both of my parents until 2008. I have been up here fore roughly 3 1/2 yrs.  I had my gall bladder removed, both knees replaced, because they were terrible, my doctor asked my daughter 'how in the hell was she walking'ow birds, with a lot of dignity.  And now Gov. Scott is going to make matters worse in Fl by not implementing the ACA or taking advantage of Medicaid. With the high number of elders living in Fl., that includes the snow birds, he is taking a political suicide pill.  I pray he reconsiders, the big part of the healthcare bill does not go into effect until 2014. WOW!!!!!!!!!

 

Posted by Tia Mitchell at 11:57 AM on Saturday, Jun. 30

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2012/06/gov-scott-says-florida-will-not-comply-with-obamacare.html#storylink=cpy

Florida Gov. Rick Scott said that he will not support implementing federal health care reform in Florida, making up his mind roughly 36 hours after the Supreme Court ruling to uphold to law.
"We're not going to implement Obamacare in Florida," Scott told Fox News anchor Greta Van Susteren late Friday night. "We're not going to expand Medicaid because we're going to do the right thing. We're not going to do the exchange."
As late as Friday afternoon, Scott was telling Florida media that he had not yet made up his mind about whether or not to implement the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. But he continued to pan the law, which he opposed even before he was elected. And he said the Medicaid program as it exists now is already too costly.
Because the Legislature sets the budget, it will ultimately decide whether or not to allocate money to implement provisions of the law. So far, leaders of the Republican-controlled House and Senate have not said whether or not they agree with Scott.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2012/06/gov-scott-says-florida-will-not-comply-with-obamacare.html#storylink=cpy

No comments:

Post a Comment