Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Billy Graham’s daughter: ‘I would not vote for an atheist’

By David Edwards
Sunday, April 8, 2012 14:14 EDT
Ann Graham Lotz, daughter of Reb. Billy Graham, speaks to NBC


The daughter of televangelist Rev. Billy Graham says that it’s important to discriminate against candidates who are atheists because politicians “should have a fear for almighty God.”
In an interview with Ann Graham Lotz on Sunday, NBC host David Gregory noted that her father had advocated using every form of modern communication to spread Christianity.
“For the church, for my daddy, who is an evangelist, I don’t think he was necessarily talking about the political arena when you’re running for president,” Graham Lotz explained. “It’s interesting that Jimmy Carter and George Bush were both considered evangelicals, but very different. So to me, I still think we need to look at the policies.”
“I would not vote for a man who is an atheist,” she declared. “Because I believe you need to have an acknowledgement, a reverence, a fear for almighty God. And I believe that’s where wisdom comes from.”
A 2007 Newsweek poll found that 62 percent of Americans would not vote for a candidate who was an atheist, making atheists one of the groups most politically discriminated against in the U.S.
Watch the video below from NBC’s Meet the Press, broadcast on April 8, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment