Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Republican Tim Pawlenty, former governor of Minnesota, said something today about running for running for president, something like that

  -  
Full text:
"I grew up a few miles from here, and back then it was home to some of the world's largest stockyards and meatpacking plants but when those plants shut down so did a big part, of the spirit and the soul of my hometown. At a young age I saw up close the face of challenge, the face of hardship and the face of job loss. Over the last year I've traveled to nearly every state in the country and I know many Americans are feeling that way today. I know that feeling, I lived it.
"But there is a brighter future for America. We know what we need to do, grow jobs, limit government spending, and tackle entitlements. We need to encourage the dreamers and innovators, the small business owners the hard workers, the brave men and women throughout this country's history that have asked for nothing more than the freedom to work hard and get ahead without government getting in the way. For the last 8 years that's just what I did here in Minnesota. We proved that we can restore limited government in America. It takes fortitude it takes unwavering faith and conviction in faith and principles that made this country great.
"This country was founded on freedom. We the people of the United States will take back our government. This is our country. Our founding fathers created it, Americans embraced it, Ronald Reagan personified it and Lincoln stood courageously to protect it. And that's why today I'm announcing the formation of an exploratory committee to run for president of the United States. Join the team and together we'll restore America."

No comments:

Post a Comment