Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cornyn whines about getting called out for hypocrisy

Thu Dec 16, 2010 at 01:30:04 PM PST

HEMMER: Now, you yourself have asked for earmarks, too, according to this list, some 16 million for your home state. Can you defend that, senator?
CORNYN: Well, I believe I can. But I'm not going to, because I'm going to vote against this bill.
...
HEMMER: But I'm confused, then, why there 16 million in requests listed from you here? Is that not true?
CORNYN: Early on in the year, I did request earmarks that I think are individually defensible, and if we had a debate on the floor I think I could show how they help our men and women in uniform fight.
Ever notice how dangerous it is for an elected official to publically change their mind on an issue?
First, given that you only get 140 characters on Twitter, would it be too much to ask Cornyn to learn how to spell publicly? His spelling isn't just wrong, it wastes 2 precious characters! Anyway, talk about thin-skinned...if John Cornyn can't even getting through an interview on Fox News without getting questioned about the GOP's earmark flip-flop, maybe he should pause for a moment and realize the problem is with him...not the people who can't understand why Republicans are making such a big deal about a symbolic policy stand with which they obviously disagree.
In any event, until (if?) Republicans come to their senses, it's time to follow this proposal from Matthew Yglesias:
Dems should start stripping earmarks requested by GOP Senators who are whining about the omnibus. No vote, no pork.
  • ::

No comments:

Post a Comment