Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Barney Frank's Opponent Worries About Voter Fraud

Weigel: Reporting about politics and policy

Sean Bielat ran a tough race against Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.), earning serious national attention, but coming up short by 10 points and 24,510 votes. He has not, however, conceded, because he was offended by the tone of Frank's victory speech. Here's that speech:

Also, Bielat has retained his Twitter account, and is using it to promote stories about possible voter fraud in the Bay State.

The story linked to doesn't actually demonstrate massive fraud in the Frank-Bielat race.

2 comments:

  1. Just to clarify, I have conceded the race and did so on Election Night.

    Barney Frank clearly won reelection and deserves credit for being selected by the voters of MA-04. I've acknowledged that publicly repeatedly.

    I do not believe or have any reason to believe that Mr. Frank's victory was the result of fraud. That an article was Tweeted from my account should not be taken as an indication that anyone on my team believes that Mr. Frank's election was not legitimate either.

    I genuinely hope that the days of widespread voter fraud in Massachusetts are over and I think that we as voters of this state should continue to be vigilant to ensure that the "bad old days" don't return. However, to be clear, I congratulate Mr. Frank and his supporters on a clean victory.

    -Sean Bielat

    ReplyDelete