Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

White House Health Care Summit, Part 1(my opinion has an update)

I listened to all six hours and twenty two minutes. I am not sure who won, but I did hear alot of agreeing but with no consensus, and the republicans used their same old talking points especially with scrapping the voted upon health care bills from both house and senate and starting from scratch. Now why would democrats scrap what has already been voted on. Now tort reform is something both need to rethink, also pre-existing conditions also medicare and medicaid. I am on Medicare and medicaid and I do not want to lose my insurance. And I know alot of people right along side of me that can not afford to lose it. The republicans seemed to be trying to score points for the 2010 election, and the democrats trying to score points with the elect rite. They could meet in the middle on some of their talking points if they cared about WE THE PEOPLE. The republicans talked and talked about how the American people did not want the health care bill as written, I have heard differently from different sources, and if I can find them I will put them in my blog. I was disappointed that nothing was really accomplished, the republicans did not want to see reconciliation on the bill, but the democrats are now more determined to put this bill through. As a stated earlier there were talking points that I believe they should both do further talking on, that either side do not want, and it is imperative to the PEOPLE. They can not seem to come together on the budget differences, they rely on the CBO for their bipartisan input, but without all the little nuances that can be in the bills later they can only give a summary of what the cost, saving, debt of what they currently have before them. I could say the republicans only care about their meal ticket the insurance companies and denying the AMERICAN PEOPLE the same kind of insurance coverage that they have for themselves and their families. Do not understand that one. I do not want to see the democrats ram through a bill, just to spite the republicans, but I do not think the republicans can demand that the congress scrap the bills and start all over again. That would be insane,
work to make the existing bill work for both parties.


UPDATE: 2/26
I have been reading alot of articles today and have added several, the congress I believe does not do for us their constituents what we want them to do to take care of us. If they do not consider what we want then in November we should fire them all and try to put people in who will listen to their constituents WE THE PEOPLE 
I want to apologize for saying that most Americans want this health care bill as written, evidently they don't want the existing bill.  They want both the House and the Senate to scrap both bills and start over with the points that they both agree on.  That is going to take a long time and the sticking points are going to drag it out, if they do that most of the American People will be behind them 100%, as long as they have Tort Reform, pre-existing conditions, a form of Public option whether it is one payer, a pool, or what the congress gets for health care, being able to buy across state lines, the People want options. And some way that medicare and medicaid are re-enforced, and stabilized and not costing billions that the states and federal government cannot cope with.  The insurance companies have bought and paid for most republicans and they do not want the public option, or competition, or the idea that we could buy across state lines because some companies have a monopoly in certain states.
What I want to see is the President of the United States to stand up for the people of this country and by letting both the House and Senate know just exactly what He wants to have in the bill which should include a public option which some articles say he pledged on in his campaign as a promise.  I put a video in my blog from Fox News with a focus group made up of democrats and republicans and they were asked questions about the summit the questions were not one sided, and had relevance to both groups. I was very impressed, because I learned from that small group what the AMERICAN PEOPLE are looking for in health care.


KISS - keep it simple stupid........


President Obama held a bipartisan meeting at Blair H ouse on health reform legislation. Attendees included House and Senate leadership, chairs and ranking members of committees overseeing health insurance legislation, Vice President Joe Biden, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, and Nancy-Ann DeParle, director of the Office of Health Reform. They focused on controlling costs, insurance reforms, reducing the deficit, and expanding coverage.








A History of Overhauling Health Care - an interactive feature

Once you open the page use mouse and click on differnt lines to read what it says

No comments:

Post a Comment